Thursday, June 18, 2020

KenR British Cavalry Unit for WW1 Mesopotamia


Here we go with the final post of the Q Challenge, a full unit of Cavalry for my WW1 Mesopotamia collection.


I've spoken about these figures before, 28mm Great War Miniatures with head swaps from Woodbine Design Company.


So points wise is the darts favourite of 180 ! (I'd done 6 before the Challenge began) giving me a Q Challenge total of 1618 which was a lot better than my winter challenge score.


I always forget how big a proper size 28mm Cavalry Unit is.


There we go, the end of Q Challenge, Thanks to Curt for organising it, thanks to all you lovely people who have commented on my stuff over these strange months. I hope you all keep well and will no doubt see most of you in the Winter Paint Challenge.

This madness carries on all year round and I'd love to see you all down on the Yarkshire Gamer blog

16 comments:

  1. Wow! Fabulous work Ken, they look absolutely superb. Thanks so much for participating in the QC - your productivity and imagination was an inspiration to us all. See you in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Curt, all the best and see you in the Winter 👍

      Delete
  2. Lovely cavalry unit as always ! See you in the winter! Drop me a line at caveadsum1471@yahoo.com and we can see if we can combine both our Italian wars stuff as an Analogue Hobbies at some future show?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain, it's a good idea, I think a few others might be interested too. Will drop you an email soon.

      Delete
  3. Great looking unit, 24 cavalry bunched up together is a magnificent sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stuart, big is best when it comes to Cavalry.

      Delete
  4. Wow, Ken you do things on an epic scale. You’ve set a pretty high standard and I’ve enjoyed your output over the QC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Peter, I've got through some stuff while still working so happy with that 👍

      Delete
  5. Fantastic figures and great to see more unusual period. Will make sure I check out your blog and hopefully see you in the next challenge as well! Who knows if we will meet up in person at a UK show .........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jez, I am trying to think of a project for the Winter Paint Challenge at the moment. I haven't be3n to any shows for a couple of years, must try better.

      Delete
  6. These are smashing figures Ken

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, that is the real thing! Fantastic painting, I really love the flags too. Quite an impressive sight, the complete unit drawn up like that. I have enjoyed all your contributions Ken, but the Mesopotamian ones in particular!

    ReplyDelete