Monday, March 22, 2021

The Opening Entry for the Analogue Hobbies Vaccination Challenge.

 Welcome to the Analogue Hobbies Vaccination Challenge!

I thought I'd kick off the AHVC with a figure that would help salve the thoughts of those folks who are feeling uneasy about the upcoming jab.

This figure is from Uncle Mike, the publisher of Strange Aeons. I describe this model as Sarah describes me: A little rough around the edges, perhaps a little sketchy, but with lots of character.

We've been told that my age bracket (It's *cough* 24 *cough*, if you must ask.) is scheduled for vaccinations in late April/early May, so for my personal goal, I'm hoping to get 120 points done before I bow out.

This fellow will give me 5 points towards that target.

__________________________________


Administrative Stuff

The Vaccination Challenge (VC) is open to all who have not had their Covid-19 vaccination. If you're interested in participating just drop me an email at curtcampbell aht mac doht com.

I will serve as moderator until the last participant is vaccinated, or interest wanes.

The only rule is that once a participant has received their vaccination they will be allowed one last farewell post before they withdraw from the Challenge.

Participants can post as much as they like, set up duels, conduct side challenges, etc. Feel free to use the point structure from the AHPC as a basis if you wish (which I'm using for my points tracking).

Stay safe, play nice and have fun. 

- Curt

20 comments:

  1. Brilliant stuff dude. At least you didn’t opt for a Nurgle-themed “medical professional”....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that would be silly and in bad taste... Oh, wait.

      Delete
  2. A cool little mini, I can't tell if he is trying to induce zombification or cure it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tile on your base Curt very fitting for this mad doctor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good eye, Jeremy. I wanted something creepily institutional.

      Delete
  4. Brilliant! Like Jeremy I love the tiles but the orange of the vic... ahem... subject is also a nice touch. Looks like he's testing his potion on a convicted criminal. A fitting start into this latest madness of yours. Glad to be part of it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick! I hope you have your figure up here in a while too. :)

      Delete
  5. A ghoulishly good start to this challenge Curt!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christopher - I aim to please. :)

      Delete
  6. Cracking paint job, love the flooring.

    I’m going to generous and give the good doctor the benefit of the doubt and assume that he is administering a vaccine against Zombie-ness to help the poor unfortunate soul.....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a font of zombie kindness, Jamie. Bless you.

      Delete
  7. Hah very good encouragement to get one’s vaccine. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's me out then - I had my first jab on the 15th March!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes that's nasty! But well painted as per usual Curt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The figure is ghoulish, but he is standing on a mighty snazzy floor there, sir. Is that all freehand, or did the mini come with a guide for the flooring?

    Sadly, per the rules I am out, since I was vaccinated in the first rollouts back in December/January.

    Donning my professional vaccine counter hat, are contestants out when they get their first dose, or the series is complete (1 dose for J&J, 2 for Pfizer, Moderna, Oxford-AstraZeneca and I think Sputnik V)?

    ReplyDelete