Monday, May 11, 2020

Iain W 28mm Great Italian wars command stand and unnecessary pair of guns (100 points)

Here's a Papal command stand that I was trying to get done for a game of To the strongest with my daughter.  Too late but it was a fun game and she wants a rematch as I beat her but only just!
The landsknecht officer is Foundry as is the brother although he is from the conquistadors range.  The body of the standard bearer was part of a warlord plastics landsknecht sprue that Norm ( from Battlefields and Warriors blog) kindly donated to me ,his head is from the Perry plastic mercenaries box,his arms from the WOTR men at arms box the flag is of course from the excellent Pete's flags and I have as is clearly traditional painted the edges, it really helps!
The unnecessary guns are both from Foundry and the crew are from Old Glory. I say unnecessary as I have (as illustrated below) over invested in artillery pieces for this period and have over 3'0" of these. These are for the early period so at least I can use them for the WOTR,  I still have crew and guns for 3 more guns but I was thinking of building 3 of the war carts for Ravenna.
Anyway in addition is another brother who was going to go on another command stand but I figured that was overkill so he's the start of a Monks stand for Dux Bellorum.












2 crew served artillery pieces plus crew 80 points plus another 20 for the command stand and our spare monk brings us up to 100 points to add to my running total which is 565. Oh and as nothing exists unless we have a image of it,here is the game. 



The last picture shows the command stand that has been replaced!
All the best Iain 

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful looking stuff. An Italian Wars army can never have too many command stands or too many artillery pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! I think I might have enough artillery (at least for the moment!) Painting another command stand even as we speak!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. Wow! That is a proper Renaissance Grande Battery if there ever was one! I also like the army shots of your collection. Really lovely work Iain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt! At least 3'0" or a metre of hardware!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Now that’s one splendid game Iain! Those armies are spectacular. And the odd extra gun is always welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An awesome array! But there surely is no such thing as “an unnecessary gun” 🧐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martijn! I'll just have to paint more gendarmes and pike to even it up!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. That's great Iain, everyone needs a spare monk !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ken! Always good to have a spare monk!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. Some very nice pieces, Iain!

    ReplyDelete