Monday, May 11, 2020

AdamC Schooners, Xebec and Corvette

Some more kit bashing using Black Seas brigs.  

First up we have my second Xebec. If you are interested in my build process you can see it on my Blog Fencing Frog: Making Xebecs and thanks again to Guy Bowers for the inspiration and permission to use photos form his blog. 

T
his time I angled the fore mast forward which is sort of key to the Xebec look.
The stern windows taken from an extra frigate piece.
Top sail schooner I've done a few schooners, but this is probably the first one I’m really happy with. 
I cut the sails myself using paper from my daughter's sketch pad.  They do not look as cool as Warlords but good enough.
A smaller schooner more of a sloop or cutter. It makes a good small privateer merchant or warship.
Last a corvette or sloop of war as yet unflagged. It is acting as a merchant ship in my game this Saturday for the Let’s Roll Convention
I had thought about making this a third Xebec but decided I wanted something more flexible. 
I am very happy with how this ship's quarter deck came out. As with all things practice makes perfect.  USS Chesapeake is almost ready to go and USS Constellation is waiting for a few final bits of paint and then rigging.  

11 comments:

  1. Great work on kitbashing Adam. Good luck with your game this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ships, the conversions are great,I really like the xebec,will you do a clapped out Canadian privateer at some point?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes but the year was 1778 not 1813!

      Delete
    2. Oh well must have missed the year listening to the song! Surely there were clapped out privateers in 1812/3?
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. You really are on a roll aren’t you? Very impressive work again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this great! Nice work! So many ideas now. I have been wondering if the Schooner Squadron will produce even more hull variety. Please keep up the eye candy.
    Vol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing ships and some great photos to boot👍

    ReplyDelete