Thursday, May 21, 2020

From PeteF Goblin Riders (100 points)



One of last years's what was I thinking? E-Bay purchases was Mantic's complete Vanguard Kickstarter - with extra elves. With all the add-ons this is a mixed bag of goodies from several of Mantic's armies. During quarantine I've already done some elf cavalry and infantry, which I'm going to use for SAGA Age of Magic.







Next out of the box are these gobboes - they'll do for Age of Magic mounted warriors and, if I ever do a Kings of War goblin army I can use them for that too. They're individually based and magnetized for flexibility.  I'm not sure what the mounts are - not quite as characterful as the Evil Empire's squigs - but plenty of teeth and menace.



I'm looking forward to trying Age of Magic after quarantine. I've been using Table Top Simulator to stay connected to wargaming friends and had an enjoyable game of Blucher today. A Wargaming club that does a lot of Blucher has uploaded some nice assets and Blucher scenarios.



There's plenty more to paint in the box of Vanguard goodies - I'm using a policy of random drawing from the multiple bags of gray plastic bits - so who knows what'll come out next?



6 comments: