Saturday, March 28, 2020

From DaveD - extending the comms tower - 80 points

Well , let the painting  continue I say . It’s going to be much needed to see us through I think. My last entry for the AHPC was a model for a Communications tower . I deal with these things through the day job so I wanted to do something extra with it. On going through the MDF mountain of shame I came across something that would allow me to increase its height. It would also be a separate piece of terrain if needed too .



It’s 13 inches tall by 10 inches wide , so following the traditional terrain scoring it’s about 4 terrain cubes of volume .

Now handily the previous piece fits right on top


Had to turn the warning light on


 The last few weeks have been utterly manic while I work with my colleagues to do the hard work and preparation that will keep the communications networks and the internet working in the Uk . I work in H&S I am everyone’s friend right now...makes a change!

To bring a bit of cheer to the situation I have broke out Serenity my cow town to have some virtual gaming with friends ..looking forward to getting it up and running this week .


Cheers

Stay safe people

23 comments:

  1. Nice one Dave, looking good, interested to see how the virtual gaming goes 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that's a real beauty Dave. It reminds me of the structures on Hadley's Hope or in 'Outland'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers matey .. yes I think Outland is where the seed of the idea came from

      Delete
  3. Lovely, bet i knock it over, twice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice terrain piece Dave - who makes it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bottom piece is by TTCOMBAT, part of the industrial hive range . The top part of the tower was Products for Wargamerd

      Delete
  5. Really nice tower - and Serenity is a great thing to have in the current climate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New improved comms tower! Nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serenity sure looks good. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your western setup is just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking tower, and love the big table!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tower extension looks great. The terrain layout is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a brilliant expansion for the one you've already done up. Stay safe yourself as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That reminds me of the crazy tall terrain pieces we'd play Necromunda on, back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very impressive, both on its own and in the complete configuration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice work on the extension Dave, the virtual cowtown game is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete