Friday, May 15, 2020

From TamsinP: 28mm Wars Of The Roses Currours and Commanders


For what will be my final post for this project on here, I present the last (for now*) elements of my Wars of the Roses army.

The ADLG list allows up to two bases of "Currours" (heavy cavalry), and that is what I painted up (I know - Shock! Horror! Tamsin didn't paint more bases than the list allows!). I also painted up six command stands - three foot, three mounted - which will allow me to field two standard or three smaller armies. But on with the pics!


Currours:






Commanders:










For those who are wondering, in the seven weeks since I started this project I have painted 36 mounted and 202 foot figures. If this had been for the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge, that would be 1370 points without any bonuses - just short of what my pre-bonus points total for what I painted over thirteen weeks for AHPC X!

As several people had requested, I took some group shots of the completed army. Here's one of everything - I've put more on my own blog.



All figures are 28mm plastics from Perry Miniatures.



* "for now": there are lots of optional troops which can be added in future - artillery, Scots, Welsh and Irish troops, mercenary pikemen, crossbowmen and handgunners. I can foresee the collection growing large enough for me to field three or maybe even four standard-sized ADLG armies, so I will need more command stands. And baggage camps

11 comments:

  1. That's some fantastic output Tamsin, great to see this army come together 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, and what a rate of output!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great looking work Tamsin. This army is fantastic and it came together so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a painting machine, and a very talented one at that. Well done on 'finishing' your army Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Tamsin...I can feel the ground rumble when I look at this heavy cavalry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid army/armies to your usual high standard in record time!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Ken - thanks! It's been worth the concentrated effort. :)

    @ SAS wargames - cheers! :)

    @ Peter D - thanks! :)

    @ Stuart - cheers! :)

    @ Greg - thanks! :)

    @ Christopher - cheers! :)

    @ Iain - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Tamsin, you're hitting it out of the park with your Wars of the Roses project. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt! Sadly for you, this is the end of the project for now!

      Delete
  9. Excellent finale. Love the arrayed army in al its splendour!

    ReplyDelete