Thursday, April 9, 2020

From Millsy: More Italian Condotierri

I'm continuing working my way through the my Italian Condottieri for which I posted my initial work previously. This time I have another three units to show - one of skirmishing infantry and a pair of Italian mounted crossbows.

The infantry skirmishers are a mix of venerable metal miniatures which I picked up a long time ago for another project which I never progressed. I've no idea who made them and I suspect there are a few different makes in the mix.




The two units of Italian mounted crossbows are Front Rank Miniatures with a few Perry Miniatures horse swaps and plastic crossbows from my vast bits box. I bought 30+ Mordheim sprues years ago and they are the gift that just keeps giving for upgrades, weapon swaps and other customisations.




I'd be reluctant to mix the Front Rank infantry or riders with Perry Miniatures on the same bases as the former are definitely at the large end of the 28mm scale. They are lovely minis though and I thoroughly enjoyed painting them. At least the horses mix OK as there are limited options from Front Rank.




17 comments:

  1. Lovely figures as always! Those skirmishes are a reprobate and scruffy bunch of ruffians, especially next to the quite prim and proper crossbowmen

    I agree completely about mixing Front Rank with others, as long as you keep like with like then having different figures on different bases works well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More gorgeous Italian wars figures!
    I like the eclectic skirmishers especially!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff Millsy. I agree re: Front Rank - huge figures, but a joy to paint.

    How big are those bases?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 120mm x 60mm mate. I'm intending to play gridded games on a 150mm grid so that gives me little room either side and the ability to put two units in one box if required.

      Delete
  4. Nicely done Millsy can't beat a spot of Italian Wars 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! I love this project, Millsy. I love those mounted crossbowmen, especially the one with the fuchsia horse furniture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt. What you will also like I imagine is that I'm using them as relief from painting seemingly endless line of Portuguese infantry :P

      Delete
    2. Haha! Thanks mate. Take your time. These are far more interesting.

      Delete
    3. All good mate, progress is slow but steady. I want to get them to you as they were much delayed by the summer from hell.

      Delete
  6. Great post in this "series" - you are blasting through the units.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some great additions to the range Millsy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work, the basing really sets them off.

    ReplyDelete