Wednesday, April 21, 2021

From TeemuL: Ten Martians (50 points)

Still alive, still painting. Like mentioned before, I have moved and started a new jog, so everything is bit of a mess, but I have managed to paint something on my temporary paint desk. I assembled and primed these Martians from the Kill Team starter about the time I bought them and then put them in a box. Since they were almost ready, I thought they would be a quick paint job, they are basically just red robes and so on, correct?


Well, they are Games Workshop models, so they have quite a lot of details... I skipped most of them, but not all. I like the finish, the colored purity seals and other stuff brings them alive and bit individual, should be good for Kill Team, I think.


Contrast paints and metallic paints and they were done. Picking up the bright details makes them look much more finished and tidy than they actually are. :)


I have new "photo-booth", which means I don't have a photo booth, just taking photos in the most well-lit area I can find in the new home, kitchen. I also have a different mobile than during the Challenge XI, so everything is different. They look quite cold, but there's a nice mood, I hope.. Purely unintentional.


10 28mm models should give me 50 points, if I am counting. There are skulls on the chest of each of them, painted black on basically invisible in photos.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice figures these, and the paintjob is very good, Teemu! Sometimes less really is more ;-). Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some very cool figures, and fine brushwork Teemu. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the new job and these are very well done Teemu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They may have been a fast job, but they look excellent Teemu. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! I thought it would be a quick paintjob, but it wasn't. Then I took some shortcuts and it was medium paintjob in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work. Balancing detail and time is always a challenge, especially for GW's figures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great, love the shading on the red

    ReplyDelete