Friday, April 17, 2020

28mm Iain W Napoleonic French dragoons ( 120 points)

These are 12 Perry plastic French dragoons which have taken a long time to complete.  I've just called them done ,they're okay but I'm going to have to adjust my technique a bit to get a nicer finish on future napoleonic cavalry, what I  normally do worked on the line infantry but doesn't quite for cavalry.
They're in the 1812 onwards uniform but I'll be using them for the 1809 campaign as no one else was making plastic French dragoons for the earlier period and the overall silhouette says French dragoons to me!
No flag until after lockdown.  I wasn't going to do flags for the light cavalry, having looked at French cavalry on Chasseur's splendid blog I will follow his example and not give flags to any of the cavalry units in the future, it will only be this unit that has them!
I'll probably also use them against nephew 1s Brits in Spain and nephew 2s Russians, hes painted his Russians and is breathing down my neck so there should be more Napoleonic French, cavalry and infantry down the line.




So another 120 points to add to my total, bringing me to 295. More Napoleonic troops in the que but they will be a while, probably more Dux Bellorum up next!
All the best Iain 

24 comments:

  1. Really nice cavalry, ideally suited to thrashing British and/or Russian troops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1812 uniforms for 1809 games?!?!? I won’t tell anyone if you won’t ;)

    These look splendid and will certainly look dashing on the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! I knew I could rely on your discretion!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. What a great looking regiment of Dragoons. I just picked up the Brigade Games horse-holders (Paul Hicks' sculpts) and they are lovely (and they are in the earlier, long-tailed coats).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt! They'll do and the Brigade Games figures sound interesting!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. Lovely looking dragons, the yellow is great. I prefer the long tailed coat myself but go with what there is. Besides the differences in lapels and tails disappear to large degree when on horseback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! Yes you have said what I thought except much more clearly and succinctly than I could!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. Well done Iain! Don’t have a clue about Naps, so I wouldn’t mind seeing them in games set at start of the Napoleonic Wars till the end of the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Nick! I know, I know, button counting!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. Great work Iain. I love Napoleonic cavalry, and these fellows look fantastic. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Greg! I'm enjoying them more than I thought I would!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  7. One does not see nearLy enough French dragoons on the wargames table, so a very commendable unit! They look great, with the elite company and all. Nice!

    ReplyDelete