Friday, April 17, 2020

JTinQT Week Three - Italian Wars Characters

Hi All,

Not much again for week three - slight digression from my Swiss pike project but some Italian Wars Characters. First up is an Imperial herald from Warlord Games. Basically copied the colours from the old Osprey Landsknecht book illustration  - looks like the model style was from there to.The second picture is him placed in my card model town square with another character I did for this years challenge.



Next is from the same Warlord pack and a priest I have painted as Cardinal Schiner, specifically so he can lead my Swis armies based for the Battle of Marignano 1515. Made a little change to convert the goblet to a bible - not sure why now. Perhaps thought the original figure looked too "Catholic"? However the final figure is painted as a Papal Cardinal ... anyway done now. In the battle the sources say he was was accompanied by a monk bearing a cross so will have to look out for a suitable figure.




Last up are another two casualty disorder markers for my Swiss army when I finally get the third pike block done .... just building the suspense for you all.



Cheers Jez

9 comments:

  1. Nice Italian wars figures! Foundry conquistadors range has a monk with a cross, I painted him just before the challenge and might even base him soon!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely additions to your Italian Wars Collection 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice characters to add some flavour to the battlefield.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, the Cardinal is particularly cool. In a “burn the heretics” sort of way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work Jez. I particularly like your Schiner figure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really good, I specially like the Herald, he's spot on!

    ReplyDelete