Friday, April 17, 2020

From Millsy: Even More Italian Condotierri

Hi All,

As promised I've finished my my first batch of Italian Condotierri. Of the four units I have planned these are the two heavier armoured "first rankers" with the remaining two units to be on less heavily armoured horses. All Perry Miniatures kit this time with a couple of metal commanders in the centre to represent attached generals.





I've yet to purchase banners for these so the look a little less flashy than they will in future but there is still plenty of colour as they stand.





The second batch along with my commander are already undercoated and ready. When those are complete that will finish the initial push for the army and I can move onto the Burgundian Ordonnance I have planned as opposition.

Cheers,
Millsy

18 comments:

  1. Splendid looking later knights! Lovely stuff!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! A real splash of colour! Nice bases too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, Millsy. I like the variegated colour schemes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look very colorful! Well done!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning work Millsy. I love the coloured lances. Those poor fellows with the plain unfinished wood lances must feel like underdressed cads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt. My understanding is that painted lances, especially the barber shop spirals, were primarily a tournament/parade affectation. Representations of period battles e.g. San Romano have very few coloured lances at all but I couldn't resist putting them in anyway.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, that was my take on it as well. I've done one unit with plain lances but now, after seeing yours, I think I need to pull out the stops with the next group. Again, brilliant stuff.

      Delete
  6. Brilliant paintinmg, that yellow lance and shield is really flashy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a colourful bunch, lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For models which are primarily grey/metallic, they look very colourful. An amazing achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome stuff Millsy. That one yellow lance is so bright it seared my eyes! Who wouldn't want that for a charge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Sir Hi-vis of Traffic Control. I debated putting him in the same unit as Sir Toothache of Lollipop with the pink and white stripes but my eyes were watering too much to see properly so I split them up :-)

      Delete
  10. Great work, the lances are really eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete