Wednesday, April 1, 2020

KenR 28mm Crusades Crossbow


After the tank fest of the main Challenge I was always going to go off at a tangent once it was over. There are still the German 28mm vehicles to do and my 15mm Kursk project to attack but for now it was off the heavy metal and onto the Medieval plastic.


Those familiar with the output from Yarkshire Gamer will be aware of the Crusades Project it's had a couple of false starts but I keep chipping away at the edges of it now and again. I've got plenty of stuff prepped which if I remember correctly I did for Challenge VIII a couple of years ago.


So here we have a unit of 24 Crossbow, the figures coming from the Fireforge Foot Sergeants box, the flag from Flags of War and the shield decals from Battle Flag. We have played a few games with the Deus Vult rules and we are slowly getting used to them, with the inevitable Yarkshire Gamer house rules.


Although it's not a points based challenge I thought I would keep my own personal score so 24 figures at 5 pts each is 120 plus 1 for the flag, 121 towards my personal challenge.

Coming up in the next few weeks will be more Crusades, a large Italian Wars village (ok it's a town), some 7TV figures and if your lucky more Tanks and Italian Wars stuff. Stay safe out there.

23 comments:

  1. Lovely looking crossbow men Ken. Looking forward to more from this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete, expect a Kingdom of Jerusalem theme 😉

      Delete
    2. Sounds doomed but lovely. Also sounds like you’ll be smiting Phillistines

      Delete
  2. Great looking crossbow men! Looking forward to your Italian wars town too ( must try and get some more Italian wars stuff done too!)
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, as always, Ken. Like Iain, I'm keen to see your Italian wars town, too, as I've started my own, and am certain you'll have a great take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look really great, but I do hope that we get lucky and will see more of your Italian Wars stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, very much look forward to seeing what you do with the buildings you’re working on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon, hope to have them done by the weekend 👍

      Delete
  6. Nice looking crossbowmen. The uniform colour scheme, shields and banner go together really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Stuart, a reoccurring theme hopefully over the coming weeks 👍

      Delete
  7. They look really good; love the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice unit Ken! Fireforge give really dynamic poses to their figures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work Ken. You've really made these figures pop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cool stuff Ken - I just love the Crusades, and have always been tantalized at the idea of gaming it on the table. I've only just managed to dabble with in using SAGA...oh wow, these are neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Greg, it's a long time project of mine which keeps stalling, hopefully get things moving off the back of this lot.

      Delete
  11. Some brilliant looking medieval characters mate!

    ReplyDelete