Saturday, April 25, 2020

Iain W 28mm Dux Bellorum again( 50 points)

Bit late in the week but here is the final unit of pagan English for my Dux Bellorum army.
These  are a mix of a final Black tree design that I found after I'd painted all the rest ,a couple of Ebay purchases and seven figures from the 1970s that were painted in enamels, Ral Partha and Asgard and were regularly used as characters and non player characters in D&D games.
I've given them a wash ,touched up the metal here and there and painted the flesh in my usual elf flesh which I have almost used up,bit worrying as I think GW stopped making it years ago and I haven't found a good substitute yet!





I've painted the shields to match the rest of the army.  They're not  terribly kosher as they're mostly Vikings or Varagnians but it uses up some figures that have spent 40 years sitting in various cardboard boxes in various lofts and finishes an army off!
They give me 50 points which added to my running total gives me 345 ,oh and I  know I'll have to finish the sabot bases off at some point!
All the best
Iain

19 comments:

  1. Kosher or not, they are very nice pagans indeed! And rescueing figures from under 40 years' worth of dust is very commendable too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martijn! Nice to see them out of their boxes, a lot has changed since 1979!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. Great work. Good luck finding a new flesh tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart! Tried Kislev flesh ( twice for some reason?) Didn't work, might have to mix up a batch to match elf flesh before I entirely run out!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Lovely work bringing figures back to life 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very well painted unit for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great 'final' pagans, Iain. With 40 years of seasoning they should be classified as Veterans for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt! With all that chainmail they're going to be nobles at least!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. Nice work Iain. It’s great to see these aged figures get some love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! Yes funny to be painting bits of them, I actually remember painting them as they were some of the first 25mm figures I'd painted!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  7. 40 years old?!?!? You deserve a scouts archaeology badge for rescuing them!

    Excellent job on them, they look properly unruly and will no doubt tear up the battlefield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! I'm hoping they got over the newly painted syndrome sometime in the 1970s!
      Best Iain

      Delete