Saturday, April 25, 2020

From DrQ: Some Terrain and a Zombie Bunny

Taking pics last week I realized that I had no suitable modern or futuristic terrain to serve as a backdrop—everything I have is medieval fantasy or steampunk. This was clearly a problem if I want to play games in a contemporary setting, let alone the drimgark future. So, this week I did a little trash-bashing and pulled together these 8 4"x2"x2" container boxes.


The problem with large pieces like this is that you are never sure when to stop. I've painted four layers of weathering, tagged them with various styles of graffiti, and added various torn or whole posters. And yet, they still seem rather sparse when looked at from a distance like this. I could probably spend a few week adding various details, but I'm not going to sweat it at this point. They're here to block line of sight and be more thematic than a plain box or a pile of books, and they excel at that task.

Additionally, I painted up some barrels to sever as smaller scatter. 


Not much to say about these. They are part of Reaper's new Bones Black line. Supposedly they don't need to be primed. I have added a top coat of Mod Podge matte, like I do to all terrain; but we'll have to see if the lack of priming has an effect on their durability.

Finally, I did manage to finish one zombie this week:


Mr. Bitey here is from Super Dungeon Explore's Stilt Town Zombies warband box. While he looks like the stuff of nightmares, he's actually a pet that can help an allied hero. 

Stay safe everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I do like these crates, useful in a wide variety of settings. The zombie bunny is absolutely ace, what a fun little model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bits of terrain! Insane zombie bunny!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I think the crates look good as they are, especially with the barrels alongside them to break up the pattern a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking terrain, love the graffiti đź‘Ť

    ReplyDelete
  5. That terrain is truly gorgeous, love the weathering and the application of the grafitti. The "bunny" scares the bejeezes out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant looking terrain but Mr. Bitey sort of disturbs me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice terrain bits and any rabbit that gives Curt the willies gets my love.

    ReplyDelete