Saturday, April 4, 2020

From TimG - Romanian Bf-109E


Searching for 1/72 air support for my 1/32 Romanians, I spotted in a pile of unbuilt plastic this Hobbyboss kit of the Bf-109E-3. I remembered building a brace ofHobbyboss 109G a while back and that they had gone together very nicely. Confident that I had some crumbling Romanian decals, I opened the box for a look. Like the Gustav, it seemed a simple and well-moulded kit. But the best was yet to come as the box also included a set of Romanian markings!

Here is the completed Emil resplendent in Romanian markings and hastily posed ‘in flight’.





11 comments:

  1. Sorry about the odd appearance of the text - I think this is what comes of copying and pasting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is the problem, I experienced it too. You can't write in wrod and the paste in blogger. Nice model

      Delete
    2. I sorted it for you, Tim. The trick is to strip the offending text of its original imbedded formatting. It's a little icon on the right of the toolbar with the cross over the text. After you do that you can format it what you like.

      Delete
  2. Lovely looking 109E! Very nice in Romanian markings too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not seen on in Romainian colours before, top job 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting variation of this classic. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking warbird, and nice to see one in different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see one in Romanian colours. Well done Tim!

    ReplyDelete