Friday, April 24, 2020

From StuartL - Ogres

Just a small post from me today. 
Back in the winter challenge I painted up a batch of GW Ogres (I refuse to call them by the stupid copyright proof name GW uses). As I still have more of these jolly, fat blokes in the pile I decided to grab a handful and get them tabletop ready. All of the skin was painted with GW contrast paint, which I still cannot seem to get the hang of. The rest of the figures were done with my usual base coat, wash, highlight style.


The Ogre minis are all based on only two bodies on the sprue, so they all have the same pose. However there are a large selection of arms, heads and assorted bits to add to the figures for decoration. My favourite is the slab of ribs hanging on a meat hook.


And here are the AHPC-X and AHQC minis all together.


I believe Ogres are usually scored as 40mm minis, so that should be 42 points for my non-official tally, bringing me up to 494.5

15 comments:

  1. More nice work on your Ogres ( I'm really not up to speed with current GW nomneculture!) Very intimidating bunch all together!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really my cup of tea but a great paint job is a great paint job. Well done Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Ogors (sorry, had to do it even though I totally agree with you on the silly copyrightable names!)

    I find with contrast over large areas like the flesh, a highlight works well to tart them up a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to go back over them at some point and give them a highlight then. Thanks for the advice.

      Delete
  4. Cool ogres! I (usually) know an ogre when I see one, no matter how GW calls them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Them lads have been knocking back the Maccy D's, looks like a weigh in a Slimming World on the 1st week in January 😂 nicely done 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well painted these Ogres Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, they're Ogres for sure. No branding is going to change that. Well done Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work, Stuart, we all know that they’re ogres.

    ReplyDelete