Friday, April 24, 2020

From TimG - Soviet Hurricane


 Having commenced the build of this ancient Revell Hurricane with no particular plan in mind I eventually decided to follow up my recent La-7 and finish it as a Soviet machine in much the same colour scheme.  I hand painted some shaky stripes on the tail and the decal box provided the rest.  Given that the Hurricane is  - certainly to my eyes - such a distinctive shape it's quite difficult to make it  look 'different'.  I hope you think it's a success.


9 comments:

  1. Nice to see a different looking hurricane!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a succes, hats off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Tim, she looks great! Love the commie livery

    ReplyDelete
  4. That'll give the luftwaffe something to worry about. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea the soviets used the hurricane, very nice job

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely colourscheme for the usually drab Hurricane!

    ReplyDelete