Saturday, April 25, 2020

From LeeH - Rorke's Drift in 6mm

I'm not really keeping up with this 'post something weekly' thing. I have been doing some painting, but I have been flitting from project to project a bit over the last few weeks. And like many people I have been trying to keep games and friendship groups going online, which all distract's from the paint table. I'm still working full time so my 'spare' time is as limited as ever. Weekends, of course, are being spent at home rather than heading out to Museums and Galleries, but being at home, coinciding with half-decent weather, means I can't get out of doing the garden. The excuse "I don't have time" rings a bit hollow in Lockdown Britain!!

Anyway, it was my Birthday last week and I treated myself to a present from Leven Miniatures. I love their 6mm buildings and this Rorke's Drift model was too good not to buy (and a snip at just £16). 



I'll post some more pictures on my blog tomorrow and, hopefully, I'll also post some video on my youtube channel at the same time. 

I'm currently working on some more Frostgrave figures but rather than show them off one at a time, I'll collect them all together and do a joint post when they are all finished. Nothing fancy, just some new figures to give me some options in my vain attempt to finally win a game against my daughter. 

14 comments:

  1. Great looking piece of terrain!
    Best 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gem! I'm with you on Leven Miniatures, they're great little buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning piece of terrain, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one Lee, a spot of tiny magic 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you Lee, it's the same over here, everybody is posting that they now have sooo much time to get all sorts of stuff done. While good ole me has a job that needs to go on regardless and two small(ish) kids to entertain and home-school. Luckily I get some paint time in the evenings. Anyway: hang on in there Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, happy belated birthday Lee! This was a great present for yourself and only made better by your excellent painting and staging. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That’s a great looking piece Lee. And a belated happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent - I can almost hear the singing!

    ReplyDelete