Monday, April 20, 2020

From TeemuL: Lee and Grant (16 points)

Something completely different again, as you might guess. A couple of 15mm World War 2 tanks to reinforce my Allied tank group for TANKS! (if I ever get to play the game).

Lee


These both are from the same box, it is possible to build two different variants from the parts and luckily I bought two of these on a sale. Since I expect to play TANKS at some point in this scale rather than any other game, I'd think it would be nice to have lots of different kinds of tanks rather than multiples of one. I might be wrong.

Grant


They were easy to assemble and fitted my approach of painting very well. I used my See-This-Is-A-Camouflage method on these, brown spots on green to indicate that they have a camouflage. And because I plan to use them on TANKS I didn't need to pay too much attention on historical details, so I skipped all the markings and weathering etc.

Later Grant has different guns and lower turret
These two bolster my Allied force on TANKS and they also use much less space when assembled and painted compared to having them non-assembled in the box, so I get my first ones on the S list.

U: 0 (total 3)
N: 0 (total 1)
W: 0 (total 1)
F: 0 (total 12)
R: 2 (total 14)
S: 2 (total 2)
Points:
16 points for 2 15mm vehicles (total 158)

From Minion TeemuL:
It is nice to see those M3 variants and I like your simple camouflage!

13 comments:

  1. Nice work. The camo looks simple but effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart, I'm happy with the camo, it is quick and easy to do and looks real enough.

      Delete
  2. Cute looking pair of tanks and indeed, built tanks take less space than kits!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I forgot to write it on the post, but how do people feel about putting bases on the tanks on this scale? They are a bit fragile, so using the base as something where to pick it up, might make sense?

      Delete
  3. Lovely 👍, 're bases a lot of people put bases on 15mm vehicles. I'm not a fan myself but it does protect the models, regards Ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking tanks Teemu. I hadn’t realized the turrets were different between the Lee and a Grant. Nice camo work.
    As for basing, my guess is that your players will still grab them by the vehicle rather than the base. But bases can look nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant lot Teemu! The camo really turned out well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work Teemu.
    In terms of basing vehicles, I could go either way - I've been basing 15mm for a few years now. On the plus side, it sort of forces players to spread the tanks out at least a little bit, makes them easier to pick up and move, and gives some unity with the based infantry in the collection.

    On the downside, it will make you a little mental when a based tank is on a road...even with that, on balance, I prefer to base the vehicles in 15mm. But you can go either way...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks everyone on the comments regarding bases. One problem with bases would be to have proper sized bases as well. Well, I can think about it. And get mental or not. But Greg, how mental you get, if there is a based infantry unit on the road? :D

      Delete
    2. Greg actually manages to keep his lid on most of the time. Just don't mention teenagers, Mac software updates, airlines, car mechanics, spray primers, plastic figures, resin... Okay, strike that first bit. ;)

      BTW, lovely work on these two armoured warhorses, Teemu!

      Delete
    3. But it’s so fun watching Greg....

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Barks, they were quick and easy to paint and look nice.

      Delete