Tuesday, April 21, 2020

KenR - 28mm Kingdom of Jerusalem Foot Sgts


Welcome all, hope we are all well 4 weeks into the lockdown here in Yarkshire, I for one am seriously missing some Fish and Chips with mushy peas and a breadcake !


This week I've finished a second unit of Foot Sergeants for my Kingdom of Jerusalem force, this time they are armed with a mixture of melee weapons, they took a bit longer to sort out than the previous unit due mostly to the shields.


I've used some shield transfers from Battle Flag, I bought two sets one battle damaged and one plain. The plain pack worked really well but I found the damaged ones disintegrating very quickly and had to throw a few of them away. I've not had this problem before, I've contacted Battle Flag but not had a reply yet.


I rather like this unit and they fit well with my Crossbow unit from earlier in the month, I've got a dismounted Knight, mounted Knight and Mounted Sgt unit and will most likely use the same livery to get a nice little force within an army.


So for the imagination, these are worth 121 points to add to the 563 from before moving me up to 684. Up next the start of my Cops and Robbers collection.

27 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful Ken. Love the colour scheme and the basing.
    Good luck tracking down a fish n chipper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Peter, we have one local doing delivery but it's easier to get Lord Lucans autograph than get a pick up time 👍

      Delete
  2. Very nice, Ken. That's a lovely blue you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue really ties them together, the browns are very complimentory to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like the rug ties the room together in Big Lebowski 😂

      Delete
  4. Super cool project Ken, really enjoying this one. Don't be surprised if I'm copying this project in the next AHPC :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Greg, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery 👍

      Delete
  5. Lovely looking sergeants! Good luck with your fish and chips!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain, it's a mission I have accepted, fish and chip radar activated 👍

      Delete
  6. Excellent post - looks a "meaty" unit to take on and the banner and shields are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, I could go for a good fish and chips too. Dammit, now I'm having a craving too. Great work Ken. Sorry to hear about the damaged battle-damaged decals - hopefully Battle Flag steps up to make it right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curt, it's the little luxuries that I miss the most. Because I am still working things haven't changed much it's when you think "I'll just nip down chippy" that you realise how things have changed.

      Delete
  8. They're absolutely gorgeous Ken! Fireforge make beautifully animated figures. Unfortunately even I have attempted to communicate with Battle Flag recently but got no reply. Maybe in lockdown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, many thanks. Totally out of the blue with no communication two new sets of decals landed on the doormat this morning !

      Delete
  9. Great looking unit. The flag and shields are nice, shame about the other transfers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice indeed!

    Our local fish and chip van operates a “click and collect” service for when it turns up on Tuesdays..... and surely you mean “bap” instead of “bread cake” ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Click and Collect'?! - How very civilized! I wonder that when the lights of civilization finally flicker, and the four Horsemen are clopping across the heath, will be still be able to order up a good curry? :)

      Delete
    2. Definately breadcake, wars have been started for less 😂
      One chippy in our area does click and collect but I haven't been able to get in before all the slots got taken 😤

      Delete
    3. You8nspired is Ken. We’re a bazillion miles from the ocean but our local fishmonger has a good line on fresh fish and we pan fried some nice halibut tonight.

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous unit! Hope your got your fish and chips, I really should get the BBQ going ;-)

    ReplyDelete