Monday, April 20, 2020

From Barks: Soviet NBC troops

Is there anything scarier than Soviet gasmasks? I used this quarantine challenge to finish off ten of these Eureka figures I started many years ago, and to add another five from scratch. I had to try and match my originals, and both my paints and style have changed in the meantime!







I was surprised at how quick they were to paint- no faces, camo, hands, boots, extraneous wargear, purity seals, skullz etc... They're lovely figures, and now I've gone and ordered myself a copy of Zona Alfa...

20 comments:

  1. Lovely! And very sinister. I can almost hear that Geiger Counter clicking.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creepy! Nice work Barks. Changing painting styles is a strong argument to finish units in good time! These guys look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff Barks - NBC equipped troops are always scary, and the Soviet ones in particular seems to send a chill down the spine. The Eureka sculpts are great, and they make for some fun gaming. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting and unusual figs and great painting .....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suitably chilling figures.... nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking Soviets! All ready to enter the zone!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What zone? There is no zone. Imperialist propaganda!

      Delete
  7. Nice looking troops. I think their style of dress is becoming pretty fashionable these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang Narks, these gasmasks really give me the Heebee-jeebies, the pale colours are really well executed as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many shades of blue-green-grey you can take here, but they all induce heebie-jeebies.

      Delete
  9. Spooky Snorkley Commies. Great job Barks!

    ReplyDelete