Saturday, May 16, 2020

From DrQ: A Wizzard Tower

My work this week centered on a scratch-built, trash-bash wizzard (sic!) tower. The core is made of a shampoo bottle. I then covered it with bricks of foam core that were hot glued in place. The tiles are craft foam. The whole thing was covered in a mix of Modge Podge and black paint before painting with a final layer of only Modge Podge at the end. I find this makes for pretty resilient terrain.


Survivor Marie Claude here is provide for scale. Here's a more accurate idea of scale (though less dramatic). 




I'd include more pics; but to be honest, the a tower is rather the same on all sides.

Stay safe!



8 comments:

  1. Great fun looking tower! Nice chimney!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just a simple straw filled with hot glue for rigidity.

      Delete
  2. This is awesome. I particularly like the shingles and chimney.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I read somewhere recently (could have been here!) that you should spend the most time on the top of terrain pieces, because that's what you are usually going to see. So, I'm trying to build with at in mind.

      Delete
  3. Really nice work, it has a lot of character.
    Just a quick question though, what is Modge Podge? It sounds really useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Modge Podge is a commercial craft sealer you can buy in Canada and the States. It's a mixture of PVA, water, a flow aid, and something else I can't quite figure out (or I'd just make my own). It was originally for découpage and completed jigsaw puzzles, if I recall. In any case a lot of terrain crafters use it as a sealant—especially when working with foam. It works better than a simple mix of glue and water.

      Delete
  4. The cartoon nature of the building fits the figures perfectly 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great little piece of homework! Well done!

    ReplyDelete