Wednesday, April 8, 2020

From PhilH: Another Mutant, X-Men Jubilee

Curt’s Peak Boon set me off on finishing more Marvel X-Men, this time a lesser character of Jubilee. Introduced to the team in the 1990s, she’s introduced as a ‘mall rat’ with the ability to generate blinding pyrotechnic energy from her hands (hence the pose). Jubilee had big arcs in the 1990s cartoon, but only cameo parts in the X-Men films.



 I made a bit of a hash of her face, sadly. Her yellow coat came out nicely though.


I also reworked the yellow on the Prof, which was rushed to submit before Challenge X closed.



Next up more SCW armour, then onto the bulk of my quarantine project: Star Wars Legion Stormtroopers. Yay, endless white!

21 comments:

  1. Super looking super heroes! I can't stand yellow, well I can't seem to paint it so I'm well impressed!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have practised one method, and I’ll use it until I die...

      Delete
  2. Impressive painting - and excellent yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only think keeping my eye-roll in check with 'Jubilee' and her 'special abilities' is your magnificent painting (fabulous yellow and blue). Well done Phil. Now, bring on 'Selfie' the Instagram influencer. ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C’mon Curt, it’s no more daft than the GrimDark Skullz neverending war nonsense.

      Delete
  4. She looks smashing, not only her coat but her jeans too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, you've done an amazing job on the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely brushwork Phil! Your shading and highlighting is sublime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than Mike. Time consuming but worth it for character figs.

      Delete
  7. Great work Phil, all of the colours are really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That yellow on these miniatures is really to die for, brilliantly done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vallejo flat yellow, thinned, many coats. Shaded with a warm brown and highlighted with white. :-)

      Delete