Tuesday, May 26, 2020

From PhilH: Still Adding to the SCW Project

This Lockdown thing still seems to be going on, then? And everyone’s coping well enough here?

Despite beavering away at the plastic heap for weeks on end, I’ve neglected to post much onto the Quarantine challenge. That’s simply because none of it is finished, I took the chance to start a new project, all of which is waiting on a mass basing session. I just keep adding another squad, another mini, then another. Still, you should see them here soon enough.

In between, I slowly threw paint onto some SCW minis I had primed. A Teniente of artillery in the Republican Army



And a few Anarchist militiamen



Until next time! 







23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous SCW troops! I am intrigued by your new project, I hope it makes an appearance before the end of this challenge!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They shall, it’ll be like an AHPC points bomb without the points.

      Delete
  2. Dry nice looking minis Phil. Looking forward to the new project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter. It seems like everyone’s working on this one at the moment

      Delete
  3. Nice looking figures, love a bit of SCW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, any time you can do a mini with a Pancho Villa-inspired hat inscribed with an anarchist TLA has got to be good...

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work as usual Phil. As we are Twitterers (is that a word?) I have a sense of your upcoming project, but look forward to the big reveal nonetheless. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn’t the word ‘twats’? ;-)

      I can’t post them yet as they’ll be docked 25% of their 0 Challenge points...

      Delete
    2. That sounds like as good a label as any and I trust Tamsin will keep track of your plummeting points total for next year's tabulation. ;)

      Delete
  5. Wow, great work all but the shading and highlighting on that teniente is particularly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's some awesome chcracter in these figures, made obvious by your talented painting well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work. The militia are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, looking forward to getting into the 40 or so I’ve got to paint!

      Delete
  8. Top-shelf brushwork as always Phil, great stuff.

    ReplyDelete