Thursday, April 23, 2020

KenR - 28mm 7tv British Police


A bit of a change of tack for me today, historical military figures are the norm but today's fare is for my 7tv game and the start of of British Police cast from the 1970s.


The 4 figs are 28mm and from a Company called Crooked Dice who make the 7tv game, the car is seen as bought, a company called Vanguards do a number of Police Cars of the period and it looks the bizz.


The four figures net me 20 points upping the Quarantine Total to 704, I have another batch of 8 uniformed officers to finish, before starting work on some Life on Mars CID types.  Above is a rather burly Sgt, if he told me to go home I would.


These 70s cops are armed with a wooden trunchen and razor sharp sarcasm, the white caps are representative of Traffic Police (who wouldn't be seen dead near the Austin Allegro must get them a proper flash motor), the blue shirts where common in at the time before the switched to white in the 80s.


The final officer doesn't even have a trunchen, he just has a torch, he is actually a dog handler but I forgot to paint the dog 😂

Up next more cops.

29 comments:

  1. These are awesome Ken. Great brushwork and a nice score with the patrol car. You're right, I wouldn't give any guff to that Sgt. (I think he needs an anchor tattoo on his forearm). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curt, definitely looks a no nonsense kind of guy 👍

      Delete
  2. Nice coppers Ken. My dad drove an Allegro, they definitely need a better motor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done Ken! Now you need some Punks and Skinheads to oppose them

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking about to buy those Crooked Dice cops for years, but I never got that far. I like how they look, although I have little idea where to use them, game-wise. Well, I guess I'll buy some of these on mounted Simians, when I do the next purchase. And I really like the car as well, I need to check out that manufacturer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just noticed, there's some stuff on Sale at the moment on the Crooked Dice. No cops or mounted Simians, but Simians on foot and other strange stuff.

      Delete
    2. But there was a "Starter Cast Police", 8 miniatures for 20 pounds. I had my monthly payday, so I made an order... Ken, Crooked Dice should thank you for this. ;)

      Delete
    3. My apologies, sometimes I wish i was on commission 😂

      Delete
  5. Crooked dice is a company I really like and I have the rules for 7TV sitting around waiting for a game.... I painted up the Shiva mob in the last AHPC and these cops look the absolute business! That motor really finishes them off a treat. I assume you have to say “you’re nicked Saaan!” Every turn when using them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, These are tough Yarkshire Cops none of that southern banter !

      Delete
  6. Lovely looking coppers! Awesome Austin Allegro! Admitidly not a phrase often used in the past!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post - interesting to see something so different !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, good to go off piste every now and again 👍

      Delete
  8. Cool looking policemen. I'm looking forward to the next batch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Stuart, just waiting for bases to dry 👍

      Delete
  9. Like it! I just hope they don’t have to chase anyone in that Aggro....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great figures, the final officer definitely does look like he is not to be messed with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd rather get lost than ask him directions 😁

      Delete
  11. ‘Ello ‘ello ‘ello! Great fun!

    ReplyDelete