Saturday, June 13, 2020

From JohnS - First Post - Yes, It's been a busy few months

Hi all, it is difficult to believe that this is my first post in this Challenge as I was very enthusiastic about the idea. Apparently everybody in Australia decided they needed new paints, brushes and miniatures about 5 minutes after we started this challenge. Work has been a bit frantic.



I started these ten Dwarf Ironbreakers to follow on the few I did in AHPCX and to round out the unit to 30 for WHFB 8th edition. My plan was to quickly knock out these simple paint jobs and move on to building some ancients. There are Carthaginians calling my name.


Well, best laid plans and all that. I work for War and Peace Games down here in Australia and we have just been slammed. So much so that the last thing I wanted to do after packing hundreds of paint orders is play with more paint and figures.
Anywho, life is returning to somewhat normal, I even got to play outside in the sun for a couple of hours today.
I hope you like my little chaps. I may give them a run in those new Oathmark rules, I have some sabot movement trays somewhere. In the meantime, I'd better get to those Punic types I bought back in March and haven't opened yet. Cheers

11 comments:

  1. Lovely looking Ironbreakers! They look great and good to get anything done!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooow, these look good! Heard a lot about Oathmark, I'd be curious to know how you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great and Oathmark appeals however, I like you have Ancients to paint.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain - my Sudan project stalled as I wasn't able to replace a couple of the paints that were core to my Camel unit (sorted now - hopefully finished this coming week) and my Perry Sudanese hadn't arrived (came in last night - huzzah).

    The dwarves turned out great, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to have you join us John. Fabulous looking Ironbreakers! I'd be curious to know what you think of the Oathmark rules.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking unit. Hopefully they'll do you proud on the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice dwarves, great to see you back painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been meaning to get an order in... I have no remorse!

    Nice mob of dwarves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh some really well painted Iron breakers takes me way back to the golden days!

    ReplyDelete