Sunday, May 3, 2020

From ClarenceH: Cameron Highlanders, 1st Platoon, Company A

I finished the first unit for my project set in the Sudan 1885. Although these are being organized for The Sword and the Flame set, they will work perfectly for Donnybrook as well!


Leader (Hero d12) Henry Hatwaver
Unit of 8 models (Regulars d8) Special Character: Sergeant Charger
Unit of 8 models (Regulars d8) Special Character: Piper McDonald

For those who don't know, the origin of Donnybrook was a one-page set I wrote for playing games with my Darkest Africa collection.


More soon.. starting on the second platoon this week!

15 comments:

  1. Excellent looking unit and nice backdrop!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are rather nice indeed Clarence. I’ll second Iain’s comment on the backdrop and posing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely minis and terrain. Those highlanders rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent figures, and posed in a very convincing setting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great brushwork, very well done. Highlanders done well are one of the finest sights on a wargaming table, excellent stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Clarence. Highlanders are so impressive on the tabletop. I really like that craggy escarpment as well. I'm planning to use Donnybrook with my first Siege of Malta scenarios. A little out of theater, but I think they'll work just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spectacular looking Highlanders, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More quality stuff, excellent 👍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Splendid Highlanders, I'm looking forward to more of this project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Highlanders do look spiffing indeed, but for the love of every god in the pantheon: do not mention the D-word or Ray will go off his rockers and spam us in floppy hats and stuff...SSSST!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work!

    Donnybrook? Never heard of it . /s

    ReplyDelete