Sunday, May 3, 2020

From StuartL - A Band of Brothers

Continuing with my efforts to get some older armies painted up, and projects done, I have spent the past week working on some American Airborne for the Overlord/Normandy campaign. I bought the majority of these figures 6 or 7 years ago I think. Since that time, they have largely been left untouched and stowed away in a box. Thanks to the quarantine challenge I have managed to get the bulk of my infantry done along with a couple of support weapons.


I still have a group of command figures, mortar teams and machine gun teams to do, but they will probably turn up around the end of the challenge as most of them still need cleaning up and assembling.


These minis took quite a while to paint as they are pretty busy in terms of webbing, camo and combat gear. That said, I am really happy with how they have turned out. Of course, now I'll need some FallschirmjƤger to oppose them and then some of the US Airborne in their later uniforms for Market Garden.


So that's 35 minis and a gun to add to my tally. My math puts that at 185 points, bringing my unofficial score up to 679.5 and my side duel total up to 527.5. This also puts me over my score for painted minis (not including the location bonuses) for the winter challenge, so I am very happy with my output thus far.

11 comments:

  1. Nice work on these paras Stuart. Congrats on outdoing your winter total. Love that little howitzer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super looking paras! The howitzer is ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superbly done Stuart! Have to agree with Iain about that howitzer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellently done, Stuart. Always nice to see paras. You're now streets ahead of me in the side challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on these paras Stuart. That howitzer will come in very handy for these lightly equipped troops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They came out very well, and yes, the howitzer is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @All - Thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice indeed, all the time spent on the different bits of kit has paid off handsomely

    ReplyDelete