Thursday, April 15, 2021

From MartijnN: Another mixed bag

The fact that I am happily printing away means that the stack of "things to be painted sometime" has been growing rather than diminishing lately. Still, I have managed to get some things done. It is not really much, but I do expect to receive an invitation for a jab soon, so best to get a post in while I can!

First, here are three 15mm Essex Companions for my DBA Bactrian Greeks. I had originally intended these for the Knight's Solar but I have never even been in the vicinity! I know that a DBA  army is hardly a challenge in figure count, but since this one has been in the works for the best of three decades there's no need to start hurrying now. One more element of Companions with general and four elements of pikemen to go. I may get there yet!



Next up is a brigade of 10mm Perrin Miniature ACW Zouaves for my Altar of Freedom project. I'm not even sure if there were Zouaves at Champion Hill but they made a nice change from the standard Union infantry.



Then here are two wood golems from the Scourge of Valtan Forest Kickstarter. I intend to use these as Ents for Warmaster or something similar. They are nice figures and the prints came out fine. 



Finally,  a potions shop printed in more or less 10mm scale from another Kickstarter, the Architecture Medieval Set (yeah, I know, I tend to go overboard a little when embarking on something new, like 3d printing) . In spite of its rather unimaginative name this set actually contains some very nice and creative fantasy mediaeval buildings, and this quirky potions shop is a fine example. I rather enjoyed painting it up and look forward to doing more of the buildings.



So, there we are, 3 15mm cavalry for 12 points, 20 10mm infantry for 20 points, 2 28mm figure for 10 points and a 10mm building for 1 point (80/3375 cm3 of a standard cube or 0,023 point, generously rounded up). 43 points!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely work Martijn! That DBA army is getting very close to completion. I may have to challenge you on that for next winter. :) I'm quite charmed with your Potion Shop. I wonder if that STL could be upscaled to 28mm without too much loss of detail? I really like its design. Good luck on getting your vaccination soon - that will be a great relief, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Curt! Yes, the potions shop actually is 28mm, I scaled it down and printed it on my resin printer. You can find the files at stlmark.com. As a matter of fact the same creator has a follow-up Kickstarter going on (which I probably will end up backing too....) Look for Oksana Klingel on Kickstarter.
      (And please delete if considered inappropriate)

      Delete
    2. Ooh, I really like the stylized buildings. Very much on point for my fantasy projects. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  2. Very nice work - and those Zouaves look frikkin amazing! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great variety pack Martijn. Really like the little potion shop. It’s also good to see the old school ancients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great little lot of goodies Martijn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice job and well done on getting there on a lot of projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great mix of projects, nice work.

    ReplyDelete