Wednesday, June 23, 2021

From StuartL - New-crons

Hello again. Long time, no see.

My painting pace continues to be glacially slow, though I am making little bits of progress here and there. I have managed to finish up two Necron models for Warhammer 40,000. They are both from the Indomitus boxed set that was released to promote the new edition of Warhammer 40K. Not that I will ever go near that set of rules (I am happy sticking with a mix of 5th edition and home-brew to be honest), I just really, really wanted the new Necrons as they are absolutely gorgeous in my opinion.


This first chap is a Skorpekh Lord and is a massive hunk of mini. Standing twice the height of most other models in the game, this three legged, three armed, death-dealing monstrosity is the best of the new models for me. I'd like to get another one, but GW are unlikely to ever release a more modular figure with variant weapons and poses, which is a shame as there is a lot you could potentially do with it. 


To accompany him is a Plasmancer, one of the Necron's mysterious caste of Crypteks, mad scientists with otherworldly weapons designed to wreak maximum carnage. The designers have done a good job of making this model look like it's hovering just above the ground. Whereas the Skorpekh has a leg to spare, the Plasmancer has none at all.


I have had these guys primed and ready since before the winter challenge, so it is good to get them out of the 'to do' pile and into the 'done' pile. Sadly (or happily depending on how you look at it), the former still outweighs the latter. 

And that's it from me for now. I have another batch of minis that are in need of a spot of weathering and then will be finished off. Fingers crossed I can get them done and dusted sometime soon.

4 comments:

  1. Some awsome Necrons Stuart! Good to see you going strong painting. Cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new Necron designs as well. Though the hulking the Skorpekh Lord is very impressive I have to say I'm more partial to the creepily floaty Plasmancer, if only for his wonderfully silly name. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GW do seem to love their silly names, don't they?

      Delete