Friday, April 3, 2020

JTinQT - Week One - Swiss Project

Hi All,

In this Quarantine Challenge I am aiming for a single post per week and just put up whatever I have done. Just two figures painted this week but the start of a project to paint up a third Swiss pike block for Basic Impetus. I need two bases with about 12 figures per base. 

I am using Marignano 1515 as my battle theme and here the Swiss were typically organised into the classic three pike blocks. These figures will be for the third block, the troops from the Lucerne, Basle and Schaffhausen cantons. These first two figures are representing Schaffhausen - so have painted in the canton flag colours of black and yellow. I'll finish the basing when I put on the final game stand base and hopefully will get that finished this challenge.





The figures are Foundry flag bearer and an old Irregular Miniatures - I was quite pleased with this figure. Its an old style casting but painted up well.The standard is from Pete's Flag. The final picture is an older photo from this years challenge which gives the style of the finished block I will be looking for.   


Hope everyone is keeping well. 

Cheers Jez

9 comments:

  1. Lovely pair of Swiss, I really like the horn blower,you can't go wrong with Pete's flags!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking figures, looking forward to the rest of the project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant work Jez! I really like that yellow rearing ram banner. Terrific stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice minis, the yellow and black is very eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done, be careful these figures can lead to large pike blocks 😁

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Swiss, the horn blower painted up nicely and that flag rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours really go well with the flag.

    ReplyDelete