Friday, April 3, 2020

From MartinC 15mm Thracians

Working from home is still hectic but I now have the next 4 Friday's off. Today I have been constructive. Finshed off some figures and fought a sol 15mm Kings of War Historcal battle with randomised deployment (which worked very well), which I was going to post but the lighting in my spare bedroom is shocking and the photos were terrible, even by my standards. Being KoW it was incredibly brutal and the Indians ran over Pontus. Will play a less randomised battle tomorrow and tweak some of the stats.
During the evenings I've working through my 15mm ancient purchases and have completed 5 more units light units

2 regiments of light cavalry



The figures are Forged in Battle and are lovely to paint, although I'm having paint brush issues. Ihave loads and they are mainly rubbish

2 regiments of archers, 1 of slingers and a general. 

I have 2 units of heavy cavalry to do and the Thracians I have are finished the ones I have. But I need 2 or 3 units of spearmen / Falxmen to complete the force. No plans for a massive Thracian army but they will act as an allied force for someone.






20 comments:

  1. Nice work Martin. I've always wanted to give Forged in Battle minis a try, they look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fantastic figures, a joy to paint

      Delete
  2. Excellent horde of barbarians Martin. Lots of motion in those poses and nice shields.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cavalry look particularly good, Martin. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice collection of units and poses, love the shields.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking Thracians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love a bit of Thracians, fanatical A class warriors with Rhomphaia are not a pleasant experience as my Romans will testify too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic looking cavalry Martin. I enjoy reading how people are managing with the quarantine. Sounds like you've been having fun with trying solo games. I have a few solo boardgames that I may need to drag out to try during the next few months. Maybe you can get a skirmish game set up on your lovely Japanese village table (hint, hint).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta. Yes I will run the skirmish game once Dave has finished Serenity city. Think mine will work better on zoom or similar as a live hour. So will work out a plan in the week

      Delete
  8. Great looking cavalry.
    I'm sure we've all said "No plans for a massive ..... army but," at some stage only to see ourselves collecting said massive army a short time later. Good luck resisting the lure of more minis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers. Yes I started with 3 units of Galatians for my Pontic army and now have a whole Gaul army

      Delete
  9. Boy, even here you are doing pointsbombs! Awesome Martin.

    ReplyDelete