Friday, April 3, 2020

Iain W first Quarantine post Irish/ Highlanders (105 points)

So continuing on from the Analogue challenge I have 21 Irish or Highlanders for Flodden.  They are a mix of Perry ,Old Glory and some old re purposed Ral Partha Vikings. They seemed nearly done on the last day of the challenge but clearly I was well off!
To be fair even though I'm no longer working I've had less painting time than when I do work as I'm seemingly repainting lots of the house before digging for victory in the garden!






There will be some more for this project to add to the ones done in the challenge. 
So not Romans but maybe soon after various other bits and bobs.
21 x 5 is 105 points for my own total

All the best
Iain

18 comments:

  1. Great work Iain! I love seeing this mix of figures, especially the older Ral Parth vikings. Recycling at its finest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bunch of highlanders, I am glad there is a bagpiper (and no sound!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin! I like a bit of bagpipes!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Can you enter the repainting of your house as a painting challenge entry?

    Your highlanders look like they mean business, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart! A very large terrain piece?!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. Nice one Iain, great to see you enter the ranks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good collection. The different manufacturers seem to mix well. And I like your idea of incorporating dark age figures for Flodden - never thought of that, but will now see what I might cobble together. A good points total, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noel! I've got some Gripping beast plastic Vikings with Perry medieval French heads and arms,they look pretty good too!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. Lovely group of ragged Irish Iain, reminds me of a family wedding just before the fighting starts 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ken! Nothing says wedding like lurching drunken men in clothes they're uncomfortable with!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  7. Those are great Iain. Nice mix of figures, including the veteran Ral Parthas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! There maybe more Ral Partha of the same era later!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Ray, hoping to use one of your flags for Flodden!
      Best Iain

      Delete