Tuesday, March 31, 2020

TimG in the garage....

 I acquired this mdf kit a couple of years ago and built it over the weekend. I think it’s designed to accompany 28mm toys, so 1/56 scale or thereabouts.  It arrived in my possession without instructions so I blundered my way through assembly. In spite of this it turned out OK and I gave it a basic paint job using emulsion and cheap acrylic paints.
It looks like a lot of old village garages used to - and not just here in the UK. It’s pictured here with a couple of 1/43 scale diecast cars. A side project of mine is an attempt to amass a collection of models of all the cars I’ve owned. At the petrol pumps is a Volvo 850 in more or less the same colour as my 1992 2.0 20V GLT (owned 1998-2000) while lurking inside is a Saab 9-5 standing in for my 2004 Aero (owned 2009-2013).

15 comments:

  1. Simple and effective. Useful piece of terrain, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very useful piece Tim. I am amused by your quest to replicate your own fleet of cars in miniature.

    You weren’t part of the Winter Challenge but you might not know about the scale wars waged over 28mm scale vehicles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice terrain. It looks like a versatile kit, hopefully you can get a lot of use from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! I think a few signs and posters wouldn't go astray, although they may lock it into a time and place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emjenic
    Thanks. And I think I only paid about £4 for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peter Douglas
    As you - and readers of my blog - will recall, I have a rather ‘flexible’ approach to scale...
    If there’s demand I’ll do a post on my blog about the car collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. StuartL
    I expect it’ll find its way into quite a few games.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barks
    Dressing it up a bit was a huge temptation - but as you say that would restrict its use a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice and really useful bit of terrain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool! I like that you are creating a stable of past 'rides'. If I were to do this it would involve a lot of bicycles to reflect my salad days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. "It looks like a lot of village garages used to look like " ๐Ÿ˜ they still do up here in Yarkshire, that would go in my ultra modern collection ๐Ÿ‘ nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  12. Caveadsum1471
    I’m sure it’ll have plenty of uses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Curt
    So far I have 12 models - about half of my past ‘fleet’.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yarkshire Gamer
    I know - I live in the People’s Democratic Republic of South Yarkshire!

    ReplyDelete