Sunday, May 10, 2020

From MikeV: More 6mm Peninsular War Spanish

At the very real risk of boring you all to death, here is my output for this week; three 1808 Spanish Regiments in 6mm from Baccus.  The regiments are the 9th Cordoba (red facings), the 24th Navarra (dark blue) and the 18th Burgos (green). These units have beefed up the Spanish forces considerably and I am now only seven infantry stands short of the required 35 to refight Albuera. After reaching the Spanish quota I will then start working on the Portuguese forces. I need 25 Portuguese  infantry stands which I reckon should be done in a couple of weeks' time at the current rate. Following that, only some terrain finishing touches will remain. Anyway here are the units completed this week.

The three regiments : Cordoba (L), Navarra (C), and Burgos (R). 144 figures in all.

The three regiments in the foreground with the rest of their Spanish comrades. In Age of Eagles terms that is a force of around ten thousand infantry, two thousand cavalry, and thirty six guns.

In the meantime take care and good health to all.



13 comments:

  1. Not in the least bit boring! I find your 6mm stuff truly inspiring. Very well done these, they look splendid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Martijn. It’s just that this post is so very similar to my last one that it seems repetitive. However, when one is on a longer term project I guess that it’s pretty much inevitable.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Ken. Will soon switch to Portuguese but still quite a bit of unpainted Spanish will remain in the war chest so ample scope for future projects.

      Delete
  3. Lovely looking teeny tiny Spanish ! The flags are always good value and not in the least boring!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain! Glad you like them. I agree the flags are very important for a unit’s final appearance.

      Delete
  4. Lovely, clean work Mike. I really like how crisp and vibrant these units look. Beautiful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cut! I actually used to think the all-white Spanish would look a tad flat. However I had to have a rethink on that once I completed the first few units and now honestly believe they are quite a colourful lot really.

      Delete
  5. Please bore me more! Those are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that’s funny! Thanks a lot for your kind words Peter.

      Delete
  6. Fine work once again Mike, well done.

    ReplyDelete