Sunday, May 10, 2020

From NoelW: Napoleon in Egypt

After my big stall in painting last week, it's pleasing to have finished a few figures - and a piece of terrain, too. These are all for my Napoleon in Egypt games.

First, a small village well, painted for a desert context. The model is by Iron Gate scenery. I believe there's a resin and a plastic version. It paints up very well - this took barely 15 minutes.



Now General Menou:



His good friend General Reynier:



And the two great men together:


Possibly two generals might be though overkill for a single battery. There are five guns, but only three crews. The other two will probably find their way to Waterloo:




All these figures are by the Perrys, as are three of the guns. The other two guns are old ones I resurrected. 

Finally, a shot of the whole kit and caboodle.


As for imaginary points: say, 2 for the well, 50 for the guns, 20 for the generals and 45 for the crew. Total 117, and one more cell filled in on my overall plan. (No points for the side challenges, though. Doh!)

9 comments:

  1. Terrific work Noel! I really like Menou and Reynier - those early period officer uniforms were fantastic and you've really done them justice here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous minis Noel. Great brushwork on these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking Revolutionary generals, I’m with Curt that the extra frills on the early uniforms are great. Love the well too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, what can I say😉 really nice figs 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous looking generals and splendid artillery and crew!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all for the kind comments. When we get close to the end of the Challenge, I'll maybe post a couple of images of this collection, 'cos it's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the extra tidbits on the generals' bases, nice details like these make them look even better. Those early artillerymen look great as well!

    ReplyDelete