Sunday, May 10, 2020

From TamsinP: 28mm Wars Of The Roses Northern Border Horse




It's been a fortnight since my last post here, but I think you'll agree that it's been worth the wait. Part of the delay has been down to me painting all of the horses for the mounted elements of this army before starting on the riders.

This time I'm presenting some Northern Border horse. The AdlG list for Wars of the Roses allows up to two bases of them as either light cavalry or medium cavalry. Now, I know what you are thinking - there are clearly three bases of light cavalry in the photo above (and the ones below). Well, you see, I had more figures than I needed and it would have been rude not to use them. Besides, I've worked out that I will actually have more than enough figures for two 200-point armies, and enough for three 150-160 point ones. And that is before adding Scottish, Welsh, Irish and European mercenaries...

Light Cavalry:






Medium Cavalry:






As before, the figures are 28mm plastics from Perry Miniatures.

I've finished painting the next batch of riders and should be starting the basing later today. That means that they should be ready to post on Tuesday. As I'll be working on the next batch of riders during gaps in the basing process, you might get another post on Thursday or Friday, and a final one to close out this project next weekend.





12 comments:

  1. Very nice, Tamsin! The painting is neat and crisp, and the vibrant colours really pop among the more subdued tones making an interesting picture in all. I’m looking forward to the next batch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, Tamsin. You must already have an impressive force by now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered where you'd been Tamsin, nice Cavalry 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful light cavalry, Tamsin. Well done and worth the wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very neat clean lines on your painting. These are super minis. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ver6 nice work Tamsin. Got enough for a whole minicaampaign me thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post as part of this range ... looking forward to next batch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking northern horse! Lovely finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic cavalry Tamsin, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Emjenic - thanks! You shouldn't have too long to wait for the next batch! :)

    @ Noel - cheers! I do, I do! :)

    @ Ken - thanks! :)

    @ Curt - cheers! :0

    @ Mike V - thanks! :)

    @ Peter D - cheers! I certainly have! :)

    @ Jez - thanks! :)

    @ Iain - cheers! :)

    @ Christopher - thanks! :)

    @ Greg - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete