Friday, June 5, 2020

From PeteF: More Minifigs Basing - Dutch East Indies Battalion



As the Quarantine Challenge nears its final furlong I find myself compelled to keep getting my dad's old troops on new bases. I still have plenty of unbased Minifigs to keep me busy, but I'll be really happy when I get the last few hundred of Wellington's men across the herring pond to join their bretheren here in the Pacific Northwest.



These fine fellows did not see action in June 1815 but my dad painted them because they were part of the 100 Days campaign army. As far as I can tell from his filing system he intended to paint every single non garrison unit that was available to Wellington on a scale of 25:1. He pretty much got there - although I think he only completed two (of 15) Dutch militia regiments and didn't get through all fifteen Hanover Landwehr battalions.



He did, however, paint both Dutch 5th East Indies battalions including this one. I rather like the contrasting light and dark blue and all the gold lace. It goes nicely with the French style shakos and beautiful plumage.



I got some help putting things away in the display cabinet

6 comments:

  1. More lovely looking minifigs, beautiful plumage!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice again! Can't help thinking that these unifoms were more suited to the Belgian than to the Dutch Indian climate though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dad did a cracking job on these Pete and your refreshed basing does them great justice. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another nicely finished unit. Great!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Loving these old school figures and you’ve based them up to do your Dad proud. I agree that’s a lovely uniform.

    ReplyDelete