Monday, June 15, 2020

From SimonG: HYW Hobilars plus some terrain (and an ambush!)

For what will no doubt be my final posting I have to offer only one stand of four Perry plastic English mounted bowmen/hobilars. I have to say that these are not the greatest sculpts, being somewhat soft in detail and lacking in facial character. I always love the horses however -- now they are some characterful beasts!




Accompanying are two more 12x12 terrain pieces using the Terra-Formers system from Sally 4th. I made one up as a small forested area and made the centre of it a pull out so a stand could be placed within the wood. Lots of fiddling to make it fit but I think it came out OK in the end. Only 20 more of these pieces to do to make a 6'x4' gaming area!

Riding by ...
Riding by ...

... avoid the forest ...

... because there's an ambush!




Anyway it's been great fun participating in all of this and I cannot wait for AHPC XI later this year! Keep safe everyone!

9 comments:

  1. sneaky crossbows as usual - great post thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely figures and terrain, your 100 years war figures have been excellent all through this challenge!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mounted bowmen look great. The terrain tiles are nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! I loved watching this project come along over the QC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jez, Ken, Iain, Stuart, Curt - thanks for the great feedback, it's been good having someone to appreciate the WIP -- hopefully local clubs will be starting up soon and I can get my armies on the road. I'm also planning to build out a dedicated room in my new house so should give me plenty of space to both stage games and also store what will no doubt expand over time

    ReplyDelete
  6. As their helmets cover as much of their faces as your average chirurgical facemask the lack of facial detail doesn't bother me overly much :-). Once again you have done a sterling job on these and I will gladly add my voice to that of the other acclaimants singing your praise. It has been tremendously fun to see your progress on this project (and it has even inspired my to order some 28mm figures, the first in a very long time!).

    ReplyDelete