Tuesday, June 9, 2020

From TeemuL: High Elves (35 points)

I almost finished these at the same time as the Frodo, but not quite. But here they are, some elves for my LotR army. Two with sword, two with bow and two with spear and shield, all wearing the bright green to mark them as Gilgalad's guard.


 Dark blue cloaks on the back, thanks for the good old Blue Ink - no Contrasts on these guys.


And then one regular spearelf in grey.


The armor and shield on all these should be more gold, but since the paint selection has changed several times since I painted first of these almost 20 years ago, but they look like old silver or something. Well, the existing ones are not identical either, so in a big group it is not noticable.


All seven of them here.
 
 

These are from my R list, being Reinforcements for my existing High Elves army. I'm looking forward to publish two more posts before this Challenge ends, but let's see...

U: 0 (total 10)
N: 0 (total 8)
W: 0 (total 2)
F: 0 (total 16)
R: 7 (total 21)

S: 0 (total 2)

Points:
35 points (total 343)
From Minion TeemuL:
This kind of smaller miniatures are great for trying out new technics, I really like the extreme edge high lightning on the cloak, OSL around the Ring and NMM on the Ring itself. No wonder it took a whole week to finish!

15 comments:

  1. Good looking bunch of elves and a little variation in the gold finish is surely just realistic? (Even in a fantasy context!)
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is realistic or believable. I guess I should take some group photos of my elves now...

      Delete
  2. Always love the elevish weapons, nice job 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent paint jobs Teemu! I especially like the sheen on your metallics. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't come out as I expected, but it is ok, I guess. :)

      Delete
  4. They look great in their silvery-goldish armour. The green works very well too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the green is something I like very much in these.

      Delete
  5. Great looking High Elves, Teemu. I like how the armour turned out.

    ReplyDelete