Saturday, June 20, 2020

Iain W 28mm Irish/Flodden plastic gallowglass and some Kern (120 points)

Final post,some plastic gallowglass, conversions of gripping beast Saxon thegns with appropriate medieval heads from  Perry French 100 years wars plastic, all mixed and matched with a  pair of GW double handed sword arms. The archers are old Glory with some additional Perry plastic heads, I will use them as Irish, Highlanders at Flodden and with Montrose and probably with my dark age Picts 1300 years of use, now that's adaptable ( if not entirely accurate!)










So 24 x 28mm figures gives me 120 points to add to my 720 giving me 840 for figures during the challenge which I'm more than happy with! It's been great fun and thank you Curt for putting on this additional challenge and now I need to get back to prepping and priming figures for the winter!
All the best Iain 

9 comments:

  1. Great conversions, Iain and, as you say, multi-useful. I will certainly emulate your ideas here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Noel! You have such a long list of periods, I'm sure there is crossover somewhere!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. Nice work, kit bashing plastics is always a great way to expand a collection and produce some unique figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart! Yes it's fun and easy to do in plastic too!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Terrific work bashing these together Iain! I also liked seeing your castle walls nestled in their storage bookshelf. Very impressive and imposing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt! The walls were actually out for Maximilian's review of all my renaissance figures on my blog so that finally he can wing his way to you!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. A great bunch of figures, creatively put together and well painted too! A great addition to your force!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Martijn! I'm happy with them!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. Iain, great conversions and well painted final figures. I am working on some Perry WoR Irish to use as Elizabethan period adversaries for the Border Rufians I've been doing.... Missed the deadline though!

    ReplyDelete