Wednesday, April 28, 2021

From MartijnN: Celtic Bowmen

Well, no sign of an invitation for vaccination yet, so here we are again. Last week I painted some medieval bowmen, so this week I thought I'd do some Celtic ones. These are 3d printed 28mm figures from the March to Hell Rome series; you guessed it, another Kickstarter. They are simple figures, with a somewhat cartoonesk flavour, but I like them a lot and they paint up fairly well. For some reason I printed only four of them, so a few others will follow to make up  something representing a unit. Mind you, I do not really have a purpose for them as yet; I plan to do something of a skirmishing type of game, perhaps Infamy, Infamy or SPQR. The MTHR range is fairly extensive, the Kickstarter had Imperial Romans, Republican Romans, Celts, Germans, Carthaginians and sundry fun items such as gladiators, so all options are open really. 




Next up some figures I painted up just for fun. From the Scourge of  Valtan Forest comes this leprechaun. The concept completely eludes me, but it is a fun figure and painted up easily.



Finally, two figures from Ian Lovecraft's Viking Legends Kickstarter. Lovecraft projects are always fun and of very good quality, and this was no exception. These were among the very first figures I printed, and thus details are not always crisp and clear and I really didn't know how to  remove the supports easily; but the figures were still too good to chuck them into the bin. The final result is not too bad, I would say. These are Brynhildr (after the snake lady in Challenge XI the second female figure I ever painted), who surely looks suitably ladylike but definitely seems to know her business, and Eric Bloodaxe carrying some very compelling arguments.





Seven 28mm figures make 35 points. At least one more post to go, but I'm not holding my breath.

10 comments:

  1. Great looking minis. The variety and quality of minis you can get from your printer is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart! Yes, the quality and quantity of print files available is quite overwhelming. Absolutely spoiled for choice!

      Delete
  2. Lovely work Martijn. I quite like those last two character figures and that Leprechaun is terrific. The body proportions of the archers seem a little diminutive to me, especially in the torso and legs. They almost look like hobbits! Still, great paintjobs though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt! Well, as I said they are e little catoonesk, but I fear that the impression may be a result of my poor photography skills. However, there will be more MTH figures to come!

      Delete
  3. Those vikings are just great! And great paint job as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice painting - love that Viking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Greg! Yeah, the result surprised me too 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool martijn, I specially like the archers!

    ReplyDelete