Sunday, April 12, 2020

From ChristopherS: Adding more Fallschirmjäger


My first submission in the Analogue Hobbies Quaraantine Challenge. Although I'm still busy I wanted to join in on the fun. Still continuing on with my fallschirmjäger to get them up to where I can have options and this is my 3rd squad for this year, but my 4th overall for my fallschirmjäger force.


The figures are mix of mostly Crusader and Artizan, but I did also some Foundry(MG over the back) in this unit as well; , however a small note I think the Foundry molds are getting old as I had to do quite a bit of clean up which is unusual in that most Foundry products I've purchased over the years had very little of that.


I'm very surprised I as able to keep focused long enough to build a force that I could actually field. I'm not finished by any means, but I can play a game and have a couple options now which I'm very pleased about.


The paints I used were once again mostly Vallejo with some Mig pigments for weathering. Painting the figures was once again challenging but a pleasure to do at the same time do to the design at the figures.


I'm not sure what I'll do next as I'm beginning to get a bit jumpy which is usually a sign I'm ready to do something else, but even if I don't do anything right away Fallschirmjäger I'll for sur be back as there are some items I need to add.

Thanks for viewing!
Miniature Company- Crusader, Artizan and Foundry

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous German paras! Splendid painting and basing!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. As usual, these look absolutely superb Christopher. You have been quite diligent with this project this year. What it the full composition of your force now? I'd like to see a group shot of them, if you do another unit/addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curt! Let's see I have 4 squads, a few leaders, radio and a FO plus some panzerschreks/panzerfausts anti- tank and a mortar. Currently I'm working on some AWI and F&IW, but will return to the FJ's and get a group shot in then on the next addition.

      Christopher

      Delete
    2. Well, that is a very serviceable force for CoC games. Well done!

      Delete
    3. Oh also forget the tripod MG support as well so yes I rather surprised myself in getting up to scratch, but experience tells me I still need more options!:-)

      Christopher

      Delete
  3. Really nice brushwork. The camo smocks are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful stuff as always Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid work on these FJs, Christopher, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding stuff! I particularly like the rag tag look of the uniforms.

    ReplyDelete