Friday, April 10, 2020

From MartijnN: QCwk3 Slightly less small matters

For my third weekly task I have.. well, some 6mm of course! Some more miniature real estate, a Belgian/ Northern French house from TimeCast and a church from Total Battle Miniatures. The church is actually from their North-American range, but I think it will also do nicely as an Eastern European building.





Next, let's turn to bigger matters. Now, I am a slow painter and the rate at which some Challengers turn out beautiful 28mm figures never ceases to amaze me. I myself am quite happy to have been able to produce all of twenty-four 10mm figures and a gun from the former Perrin range (they are still sold by Magister Militum). I bought these in 2004 without having any clear purpose in mind (hey, they were a bargain) but never got around to painting them until I discovered the excellent website on the Altar of Freedom rules: 6mmacw. I believe that fellow Challenger Miles has some involvement in the matter... Now, these have obviously been designed with 6mm figures in mind but I don't see why 10mm wouldn't work so here are a brigade of Union infantry and a Confederate artillery battery.





These are for my modest first ACW project which aims to recreate the battle of Champion Hill (AAR on 6mmacw here). This is one of the smaller scenarios in the rules so should be doable. Only 9 more brigades to do!


I used contrast paints again, The Ultramarines Blue turned out just a bit darker than my other Union infantry and the pants are a bit less skyblue, but all in all I am not unhappy. The flag is from Pendraken.

Lastly, I made a small piece of terrain: a swamp. It is on an mdf base by Warbases, just a simple affair but I find it quite effective.



Thanks for looking, easy on the Easter eggs, stay safe and wash those hands!

12 comments:

  1. Nice looking troops, the contrast paints seem to have done the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely buildings, great looking ACW types and super swamp! My purchases are similarly driven, oh its a bargain I'll buy it and find a way of using it!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! Really like the wee union troops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dunno, you seem to be pretty productive to me! These look great, Martijn. I have a bunch of the Total Battle buildings in 6mm - high quality stuff. Your Yanks look excellent. 10mm is such a nice scale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great selection. Excellent brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking buildings and federals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work - the buildings look fantastic, and of course I think 10mm is great so very nice infantry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that the church looks like it would work in Eastern Europe.

    ReplyDelete