Sunday, May 17, 2020

From MikeV: And yet more 6mm Spanish!

Not a very productive week this one but at least I got the Spanish side ready for my planned Albuera refight. I put in seven infantry stands totalling 84 figures and four command stands with nine mounted senior officers, all Baccus 6mm as usual.

Command stands - three brigade and one divisional commander  
16th Line Regiment Toledo in sky blue facings



And finally my favourite - a rag tag unit of militia and guerilleros

Must apologies for the picture quality.  Taken hurriedly in the blazing afternoon sun (already in the low thirties here today!) so didn't really have time to refine much.


Cheers all!


10 comments:

  1. I really like the command stands and the line regiment but the irregulars are splendid !
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain! Those irregulars are my favourite but I might change my mind after their baptism of fire.......😄

      Delete
  2. More great additions to your army 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ken! Yes, the army’s grown quite a bit now and still plenty more raw lead in the war chest.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful brushwork Mike. I particularly like the command stands - they look so good that the seem like 15s. Next time we're on the island I'll have to look you up for a game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous work. 6mm figures look great en masse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart! Maybe the biggest strength of 6mm is the mass effect they can create on a table. To me, no other scale can create the same effect.

      Delete
  5. Very nice once again. The command figures are particularly awesome!

    ReplyDelete