Monday, May 18, 2020

KenR - 28mm Italian Wars Mtd Crossbow


I did the horses for these for Challenge IX when I did the bulk of my Italian Wars Project and they have been sat on a book shelf waiting for the finishing touches to be added and the figures built and painted.


So here is the finished unit, 12 x 28mm plastic Perry Miniatures with one of Petes Flags as the icing on the top.


I just love the Perrys figures so much, if someone asked me to design a figure that matches my painting style exactly it would be these, the faces are just so good, I even find myself adding little expressions on them.


So we have another 121 points to add to the 1046 in the bag giving me 1167 a very productive pandemic.


Next up will be a mounted unit for the Kingdom of Jerusalem force with some 7tv on the side lines for when I get bored of light blue.

20 comments:

  1. Those are lovely Ken, a fine job on one of my favourite Perry kits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Peter, it's certainly most versatile with the Crossbow and Light Lance options plus my Standard Bearer option, definitely value for money 👍

      Delete
  2. Stunning work Ken! I love the black and yellow livery. Seeing this lovely horde reminds me that I need a unit or two of these myself. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curt, looking forward to seeing yours 👍

      Delete
  3. Lovely mounted crossbow unit! I've yet to build my ones of these, your splendid chaps should spur me on,as always, nice flag!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! These look the real deal Ken!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice.. love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, Ken, seeing your Italian Wars posts forces me to get my own out of the drawer and paint a little more. Beautiful work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice unit again ..... maybe time for another monster picture with all your units on? marching through the town or posed diorama photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Jez, I did a review of the Army about a year ago so didn't want to bore people doing a review every few minutes. I've got a unit of mounted Arquebus and a couple of Gendarme units to do so I might do one then 👍

      Delete
  8. More beautifully painted figures for your Italian Wars. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a little trouble wrapping my head around the concept of mounted crossbowmen (but then again, me and horses don't combine very well anyway), but these figures look spectacular!The black and yellow go along together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I think when you had to chase your supper and kill it yourself, firing crossbows from horseback was a much more useful skill than it is today 👍

      Delete
    2. I dunno Ken, judging by the feral teenagers roving around today I think it may still be a useful skill... :)

      Delete