Saturday, May 2, 2020

KenR : Life on Mars


Having finished my uniformed officers for my 7tv game it was time to add some proper "Hard Bastards" or the cast of Life on Mars.

The real cast and a familiar car.
For those who didn't see it Life on Mars was a TV Series from 2006 where a modern day officer Sam Tyler got seemingly transported back in time to the 1970s and a very different era of British Policing.


I've used the picture of the cast as my guide for painting these, above are Gene Hunt and on the right Sam.


Ray on the left with Chris on the right.


WPC Cartwright on the right and the character Alex Drake (or Bolly knickers !) from the spin off Ashes to Ashes set in the 1980s.


The car in the first series was an early Ford Cortina Mk III but sadly I haven't been able to find one at a sensible price, so I have added 7 (there's a dog in the photo below) is another 35 points taking me up to 804 points.


So just to finish here's a picture of my completed Police Cast, I plan to add a couple of cars and vans but that's it for figures. I'm onto some more Kingdom of Jerusalem stuff, this time Foot Knights before I return to do some baddies to go up against this lot.

23 comments:

  1. Great work Ken. I only watched a bit of the show as if was after my bedtime but my wife is a big fan and wants to know where the Quattro is? It would be a step up from the Allegro.
    We’re researching availability on streaming now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the Quattro is from Ashes to Ashes the 80s series, these are the 70s cast, the car was a Mk 3 Cortina Ghia in LoM. They are on streaming, either Netflix or Amazon, can't remember at the moment.

      Delete
  2. Excellent work Ken. Loved both shows when they were on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this project just oozes 7TV in every way, you should definately get in touch with Karl! Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Sander, Karl has commented on the stuff on FB 👍

      Delete
  4. Excellent work, Ken. Very convincing paint job - and a great project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Noel, not often my paint projects only last a month 😁

      Delete
  5. BBC have both box sets available online as we speak - the missus and I have just finished Life on Mars and are in to the second series of Ashes to Ashes.. they also have the entire run of Spooks... don't think we've watched any normal telly since the start of COVID! :o))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, Steve, as a family we are watching Blake's 7 at the mo 👍

      Delete
  6. What a great project. I'm looking forward to seeing the antagonists to face off with this group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Stuart, having a break with some Crusaders but will have some soon.

      Delete
  7. More lovely looking coppers! Haven't seen it but my daughter quite likes it!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great show Iain, worth checking out 👍

      Delete
  8. Great work Ken!
    Did you ever see the modern remake of the show, done with Harvey Keitel? I'm curious as to whether you think it stands up to the original?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Greg, apologies I didn't see that show, was that the US remake ?

      Delete
  9. Very cool minis Ken. I've not seen any of these programs but may have to give them a spin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curt, Life on Mars is well worth a look 👍

      Delete
  10. Even more coppers! I too don't know the series but they look smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who knows what sort of gentle interrogation techniques these angels will come up with..... terrific job, bang on brief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jamie, proper old school Cops and Robbers

      Delete
  12. I haven't watched this for a while, I should give it a go again.

    ReplyDelete