Sunday, April 18, 2021

From MartinN: A premature end to my Vaccination Challenge [108 points]

I wouldn't have thought to be one of the first to drop out. But apparently miracles do actually happen as After a single entry to the challenge blog I already had my first jab. Long before schedule. 
Originally I had big plans of "finishing" my 20mm Soviets, getting the opposition to a playable size as well as doing lots of other things that now will have to happen elsewhere. But in this case I certainly will not complain.

So first for my final submission we have some more Soviets to go with those I painted earlier. Again these are lovely sculpts from AB Figures






Then we have the first squad of German Infantry to oppose those above Soviets. Again these are AB Figures. For flexibility I painted up enough men to either field them as regular Infantry with just one LMG or as Panzergrenadiere with two LMGs.

While I went with a completely different paint scheme with my Soviets than in 28mm, for the Germans I very much stuck to my standard recipe .




26 upright and 2 prone figures in 20mm make for 108 points to add to my total. So 611 points this year thus far.
Apologies for this rather short post but I don't really feel very talkative today. So I hope all of you stay safe and get vaccinated as quickly as possible.

9 comments:

  1. Your brushwork continues to set the standard Nick, amazing work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous brushwork Nick and congratulations on getting your first jab. Great to know you're on the road to being in a safer spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work on these 20mms Nick and congrats on getting your jab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look marvelous, well done. Congratulations on getting the jab ahead of schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work, very well done, and congrats on getting your vaccination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look fantastic Nick and it's going to fun watching this project progress!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete