Friday, May 1, 2020

From SanderS: Calling a Balloon to Fran's Ford! (5 points)

Hoi,

In my Quest to complete the Challenge Island tour, I now need another Balloon trip to Fran's Ford.


Since a female figure is needed to pay for this trip (not my most PC remarks ever I know), I have finally found time to paint Footsore Miniatures brilliant Guinevere figure.






I am very happy with my colourscheme and the execution except for the shield design, I might re-paint that somewhere in the future.


This very nice figure allows me to add another 5 points to the tally as well as going to Fran's Ford. Now on to look for some 15mm figures among the unpainted lead pile.

18 comments:

  1. Great looking mini. I like the shield design, it looks pretty good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stuart, I might stick with it then ;-)

      Delete
  2. Very nice work! The blue cloak is a nice eye catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colours on a lovely sculpt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice sculpt indeed, it almost paints itself!

      Delete
  4. It's a lovely figure ( mine's the leader of my dark age Irish) and you've done an excellent job on her,I would be slightly disappointed if you changed the shield as I think it works really well!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's decided then, I will keep the design Iain!

      Delete
  5. Yes I agree figure looks great as it is .... I was thinking of a possible Arthurian army, now looking very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tell anyone but I have a King Arthur vignette lying around somewhere as well. I won't do a complete army but I like to paint a figure from the period now and then.

      Delete
  6. Ohhh, that's a lovely mini Sander. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well done, I like everything about her from the hair down to the cloak and the shield, which you should definitely keep!

    ReplyDelete